1. Geospatial Intelligence.
It refers to the intelligence about the human activity on earth derived from the exploitation and analysis of imagery and geospatial information that describes, assesses, and visually depicts physical features and geographically referenced activities on the Earth. In Aratos Group we have a Ground Station receiving real time satellite data which we process and depict in GIS platforms. We use this data in order to monitor environmental indexes, natural or manmade hazards, critical infrastructures and provide alerts to the interested parties.
2. Big Data.
Big data is a term for data sets that are so large or complex that traditional data processing applications are inadequate to deal with them. Challenges include analysis, capture, data curation, search, sharing, storage, transfer, visualization, querying, updating and information privacy. In Aratos Group, we have the know-how and use the best practices of data archiving, handling and indexing to bring safe, updated and reliable data to the end users in the fastest possible way.
3. Internet of Things (IoT). Research and development of novel applications concerning a wide range of sectors, using sensors such as NFCs and beacons. We have created the first IoT infrastructure in the city of Athens, combining sensor with satellite data.
4. Business Intelligence.
It refers to the set of strategies, processes, applications, data, products, technologies and technical architectures which are used to support the collection, analysis, presentation and dissemination of business information. In Aratos Group we research modern techniques in order to create new business oportunities. We have experience in reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining and process mining and have the know-how for knowledge transfer.
5. Cyber Physical Systems for Instant Aerial self maintenance and production services for RPAS Within the HORIZON2020 FETOPEN calls we want to present our project proposal for a Cyber-Physical Systems for instant aerial self-maintenance and production services for RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems). The environment will include the capability of a continuous operation of a large number of RPAS and their maintenance with minimal human intervention. It will be mainly based on Machine-to-Machine (M2M) technologies.
6. SatSmartNet: An Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Framework for Services Based on Satellite EO Data We are going to answer to the following Invitation to ESA Tender: AO/1-8200/14/NL/CB – AO. We are going towards a contract achievement of “Proof of Concept” type (Up to TRL-3). SatSmartNet is an intelligent machine-to-machine Framework for the provision of seamless services to remote end-users over Next Generation Networks without human intervention or services interruption according to human behavior approach of communication. It will support the acquisition of a large amount of useful satellite data from many different satellites since it will enable the seamless M2M communication among satellites, ground stations and end-users. The main objective of SatSmartNet is the establishment of a M2M communication path for the dissemination of EO information from the spacecraft machine (i.e. satellite) to the remote end-user’s personal machine (i.e. tablet, smart phone, and laptop). Due to the fact that the communication path through an NGN network incorporates a lot of machine domains characterized by networking heterogeneity and computation complexity, M2M technology is adopted. M2M provides seamless integration of the heterogeneous participating machine domains overcoming the interoperability issues raised between them. Moreover, M2M is used to allow communication between the machine domains according to human behaviour approach of communication.
7. M2M for spaceborne data, including satEO, satNAV and satCOM interactions. Data Mining and Image Processing Algorithms for Satellite raw data.
8. SENSITIVE SOFTWARE ENVIRONMENT, an environment for self developed and self adapted software using as inputs hybrid received data from external agents to self-classify its sensitivity in reactions per case (resources management, classifications levels).
9. Intelligent methods that take advantage of unused data or reuse data from satellites. Analysis of storages and flow of information without limit of time and satellites technical specs in order to provide information and make the satellite data control system more agile.
10. REMOTELY PILOTED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (RPAS) Research on a variety of sophisticated surveillance solutions based on Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems. Aratos RPASs are the chosen solution for many international enterprises and organizations, as they offer more capabilities, with better performance, lower cost and more respect to the environment.
11. P2P CLOUD SYSTEMS A peer to peer system manager that acts into the cloud environment with abilities to exchange between devices, (computer, tablet, smartphone, laptop, etc) and data warehouse, module level, role and position depending on the requirements/needs.
12. MOBILE P2P APPLICATIONS. Creation of the map of p2p environment using location services and technical specs of mobile computing equipment.